Join us for our biggest event of the year– the annual Professional Development Day! Professional Development Day, a full-day professional development event for science writers, has been DCSWA’s signature event since 2006. Every year, between 100 and 150 science reporters, PIOs, editors, radio and video producers and freelancers gather for a fun and exciting day of networking and skill-building!
This year, PDD will include a plenary speaker (to be announced soon!), six panel sessions, three interactive workshops (*new addition*), breakfast and lunch, all-day resume coaching, and an invitation to socialize with your colleagues at a nearby bar at the end of the day.
The panel sessions and interactive workshops are:
– Writer’s Aid: Get More Assignments From Editors
– Media Law 101
– The Impressionables: Science communication to engage children and teens
– How to Use FOIA Laws and Public Databases to Find Stories
– This is Your Brand on Social Media
– The Art of Headline Writing (Hands-on workshop)
– Self-editing for writers (Hands-on workshop)
– New Approaches to Video in Social Media (Hands-on workshop)